Sunday, December 7, 2008

Today I am thankful for friends

Last night I had the joy of hanging out with my friend and college roommate, Amy.

Amy and I have been friends for about 10 years now. Wow, it's hard to believe it's been that long! We were roommates the first time our sophomore year of college, and again our senior year. We have lots of great memories together, held places of honor in each other's weddings, and went down the same career path. We don't see each other all that often anymore, as she and her husband live across town and we're all crazy busy, but we do make time every couple of months to hang out and catch up.

I hadn't been to their house, or "the project" as it's lovingly known, in quite a while so I hadn't seen many of the changes. Last night I made the trek to their neck of the woods to see all the updates and catch up with Ames. We had dinner at McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, someplace I'd been past many times but had never stopped to eat. And we caught up on life, love, and the joys of being a middle school teacher.

It's always fun to catch up with friends, especially those with whom one has such a long and rich history. Thanks, Ame, for the fun evening. I had a blast.

No comments: