Sunday, December 21, 2008

Apple pie

I don't like pie, but I like pie filling.

Today is so boring at home. We've gotten loads more snow - it comes up to the dog's chest in the backyard, maybe higher now because we've gotten more since the last time he went outside. It is so deep that he refuses to go off the deck. Which means he also refuses to "go" off the deck. Good thing we were planning on getting rid of the deck.

Anyway, with the weather like this, I don't really want to leave the house. Not that I could, since Ricky has the truck at work and the car is pretty much buried in the driveway. But being stuck at home sucks. I've been doing a rotation of cleaning, reading and watching tv. And with that comes eating. Unfortunately, I'm getting bored with the food we have...until I remembered that we have apple pie filling from my canning adventures with Catherine this fall.

Yum, that's some good stuff. Hit the spot, just what I needed. Hot, sweet, spicy, fruity. It was a great snack, and now it's got me thinking. I could make some chocolate pie filling. I could make pie dough cookies. I could make...well, all kinds of things. Of course, I only have a cup of butter, so I'll have to prioritize. What sounds good? What sounds good...

No comments: