Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blah.

That's how I feel today - blah. It's been one of those weeks. Not a terrible week, but nothing great either. We started a new trimester at school, which means for the first week I teach expectations, procedures, etc. 8 times over the course of two days. It sucks. The worst part is this is only the 2nd of 3 trimesters - I have to teach all this stuff 8 more times before the year is over!

Then today on my way to work I realized I had a large-ish hole in the thigh of my pants. Awesome. Of course, I was in a position where there was not time to turn around and go back home to change, no time to stop at the store before class, and I had nothing with me to make even temporary repairs. So I spent the day hoping and praying that the hole wouldn't get any larger (it didn't) and that my students would be kept blissfully unaware (they were).

The theme of December is thanks, but I'm not feeling very thankful. I have a headache, I'm tired, and it's only 7:45 in the evening. All I want is a hot cup of tea, a fire, my blanket, and either a book or a movie. Instead I am getting ready to load the dishwasher and go for a bike ride with my dog. Blah. No thanks from me today.

No comments: