Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas cheer!

Yes, I really am blogging at 2 am because I finally found my Christmas spirit. Nothing like waiting until Dec 23 to find it, but find it I have.

Today was somewhat miserable, to be honest. I finally got out of the house to do my Christmas shopping (thanks Mom and Dad!). That wasn't the miserable part. The miserable part was that the mall was crowded, the parking lot was a disaster, and the mall was so. blooming. hot. I don't know how you people in cold weather climates do it. I had my wool coat and boots on over a sweater and jeans with a scarf, hat and gloves so I could stay warm outside. Once inside I had to take off the scarf, hat, gloves and coat, and I was still roasting. Blah.

But the good news is that I got my shopping done and came home all excited about Christmas. Yay Christmas! Ricky and I spent the evening decorating and wrapping. I decorated while Ricky wrapped - well, while Ricky attempted to wrap using the kraft that I use for homemade wrapping paper, then got mad at it, threw it on the floor and resorted to gift bags and tissue paper.

I cleaned the living room and have a batch of cookies in the oven. As soon as I clean up the kitchen I'm off to bed. I can't wait to spread the Christmas cheer to friends, family and neighbors tomorrow!

No comments: