Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm blogging because I'm not sleeping

And I'm not sleeping because...well, sometimes I just do that.

Every now and again, usually once every couple of months, I have a night where I just can't sleep at all. I mean, AT ALL. I lie in bed doing everything I know to go to sleep but it just doesn't work. So that night I end up staying up all night. I'm not trying to, I just do. Those are usually fairly productive nights - I clean, work on craft projects, do laundry, organize closets. Ricky, my wonderful husband, is completely oblivious to it all and is generally shocked to find me up when he gets up for work. How he sleeps through me tossing and turning for hours, then getting up to cook, run the vacuum, load the dishwasher, clean the bathroom and other middle of the night tomfoolery I will never know. Actually, I do know - his mom used to do the same thing!

Anyway, it's 5:30 and I've baked a batch of cookies, got the holiday Dollar Tree plates washed and ready to pack with goodies, finalized the change of address card I'm going to slip in our Christmas-turned-Holiday cards, made new address labels, and made cards to give to our neighbors along with their goodies plates, and loaded the dishwasher. I've also done a load of laundry and am about to fold a load, start another load, and begin to pick up/organize our office. Then I'll unload the dishwasher...and let's hope I can keep all this going until 10:45 when it's time to leave for my eye doctor appointment!

No comments: