Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's the thought that counts

Poor Ricky. Not only does he have to deal with my whining about how I don't feel good, but then when he tries to make me feel better it backfires.

Thursday night I mentioned that chocolate chip cookies sounded really good, but we didn't have any chocolate chips and neither of us felt like going to the store to get some. So Friday when I came home from work, he told me he had a surprise for me in the oven. Chocolate chip cookies!! What a great husband.

Unfortunately, they were hard as a rock. It took me a good 15 minutes to eat one, it was that hard. It tasted good, and it wasn't burned, just hard. He left them in the oven after turning it off and I think the hot air sucked all the moisture out of them. I felt bad for him; here he'd tried so hard to do something for me, knowing I've been exhausted all week, and then the cookies were rock hard.

I did eat them for breakfast this morning, however. Dunked in a glass of milk for a while helped the chewability a great deal. Thank you, Ricky, for making me cookies to cheer me up!

No comments: