Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Random Christmas Thoughts

  • Getting married in December is not smart. We have no less than 6 "First Christmas" ornaments. I bet people who get married in July don't get Christmas ornaments instead of the towels they registered for.
  • On the other hand, all of our First Christmas ornaments are different, and I really like them all, so that's a bonus!
  • I really like my new neighborhood. I went delivering Christmas goodies today and was invited in, offered cookies and homebaked bread, and got to know the people who live around me better. It was really nice.
  • New glasses for Laura! Ok, it's not really Christmas related, but I'm excited. Maybe it's more Christmassy since the new ones are RED?! Will post pics when I get the new glasses - it will be a couple of weeks.
  • Wrapping presents kinda seems like making my bed. I spend all that time wrapping them, and in just a few minutes everyone's going to tear the paper off anyway. What a waste of time and effort!
  • I need a tree skirt.
  • On the one hand, I'd like to make the skirt of my wedding dress into a tree skirt. On the other hand, it seems too fancy for our whimsical/silly tree. On the third hand...she had a wart! (TM Linda)
  • Maybe this means we should have two trees. A fancy tree and a fun tree. Hmmm.
  • The Christmas tree has really made our living room feel homey. I think the problem is part of our living room is empty so it just feels like a big cavernous space. I need to find something to go in that corner when the tree is gone to keep that cozy feeling.
  • Or I could just leave the tree up year round!

Ok, time for me to get ready for the big Christmas Eve celebration. I can't wait for Jeremy and Joseph to open their gifts...because I can't wait to play with them, too!

No comments: