Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oops

I screwed up. I decided to do NaBloPoMo for the first time in a month when I knew I'd be out of town for a couple of days. I don't know what I was thinking! Oh well.

Ricky and I returned from our anniversary adventure today. We spent the weekend in a bed and breakfast in Seaside, OR. We had a wonderful time and the staff at The Gilbert Inn were incredible. Jeannie, the owner, was so welcoming and hospitable and Kathy, the "Jill of all trades" cook/houskeeper was delightful as well. The food was delicious, the room comfy-cozy and the amenities were icing on the cake - snacks every afternoon, chocolates on our pillows and a 32" flat screen tv with cable!!

It was a wet weekend, but we enjoyed holing up in our room, gazing out at the ocean raging across the street. We even made a trip to the outlet mall and walked the boardwalk a couple of times. After all that rain, it snowed! What a sight, snow on the beach. Yes, on the sand itself. It was beautiful, peaceful, and calm...until we realized we'd be heading home in it, and it hadn't stopped yet.

Travelling home was a little precarious, with it snowing to beat the band in some places and the pass thick with ice. Four wheel drive and some careful and slow driving saw us through it, though, and we made it to our next anniversary destination, Oswego Hills Winery. I received a gift certificate to be used there in a Secret Santa exchange, so Ricky and I took it and stopped for a tasting on our way home. We had a wonderful time and came home with a bottle of Merlot to be enjoyed on Dec 14, 2009.

After finishing at the winery, we headed home to pick up the pup from my parents' house. Dad and Jacko-pea were on their own this weekend as Mom had flown to Indy for the funeral of my beloved Aunt Snooks. Dad and pup had a good weekend, with Dad working on Jacko's manners and engaging him in his first ever snowball fight.

We're home now. The ground is covered in snow and we've been enjoying hot beverages all evening. Tomorrow is a snow day, so I'll enjoy sitting around the house watching trashy tv while Ricky is at work. I may even make a trek to Safeway (it's less than half a mile to walk) to pick up a few things. My new rainboots will be just the thing for a walk in the snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eep! what a sucky day for the drive back, but how amazing to be at the coast when it snowed! Very cool. Happy anniversary! Your weekend sounds wonderful. :)