Monday, January 5, 2009

Soliciting book recs

If I'm going to read 52 books this year, I need some recommendations!

I'm in the middle of a book right now, and I've got two more lined up, but that's not going to get me far. Any suggestions? I enjoy historical fiction, autobiographies (especially of sports figures), plays...well, pretty much anything, to be honest! I especially liked the Dan Brown books and devoured the Twilight series.

So if you've got some ideas, toss them my way! I need to start building my list - and my reservation queue at the library!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's monumentally lazy to just link to my list of books I read in 2007 and 2008? Oh well:
http://www.zooaskew.com/2008/01/2008-books.html
http://www.zooaskew.com/2007/12/2007-books.html

:P I've been exploring a lot of the King Arthur/Camelot/Merlin stuff out there and have really enjoyed them. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Have you ever read Lindbergh by A. Scott Berg? LOVED it.

e said...

here's my top picks from what i can remember that i read last year:

mountains beyond mountains by tracy kidder

inés of my soul by isabel allende

three cups of tea by greg mortinsen (not the best writing, but good story)

fugitive pieces by anne michaels

reading lolita in tehran by azar nafisi

blood of flowers by anita amirrezvani

and i would recommend the harry potter books (if you're not against reading them for a specific reason) ... i think they're fabulous. i actually just started re-reading them.