Thursday, January 8, 2009

A good day

It's always nice when the crappy days are followed up by good ones.

Today I got a new office/storage room! It means that I finally get to lock my stuff up, so maybe the outside groups using the theatre won't steal my food/stapler/hole punch. True story. It also means we can move the costumes and props from our current storage space, which is totally unsafe, down to a spot about 15 feet from the theatre. The new space is also not in the band room, so we won't be interrupting the band when we need to go to our storage space, and I'll also be able to supervise the students getting things from the storage space and the students in the theatre at the same time. It's a fantastic situation and I am SO excited about this.

I also was able to pick up my new glasses today. They are taking some getting used to, since I've had the full, thickish rimmed type for several years, and while my new glasses have thick, red ear pieces, they are only half frames so they look very different. I like them though. It was time for a change.

To finish off the evening, I spent an hour at Dream Dinners. It's so nice to go in, assemble the ingredients someone else has already chopped, dirty dishes and counter space that I don't have to clean, and then go home with several meals to put in the freezer. Tonight I came home with 10 meals total. Now I'm relaxing with my freezer list, working on a meal plan for the month. All of that and it's only 7:30 pm!

No comments: