Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

I'm not big on resolutions. I'm really really really good at making them, but I suck at sticking to them, so usually I just say screw it. And of course, I tend to do the same ones every year:

  • Exercise more
  • Lose weight
  • Keep a cleaner house

But you know what? Those are no fun. I'm actually really happy with where I am in life. Are things perfect? No. Could I stand to excercise more, lose weight, and keep a cleaner house? Of course - couldn't we all? But I'm tired of those being my resolutions. Putting those on the list feels like an obligation, rather than a goal I'd really like to reach. Instead, I've come up with a couple more fun ones:

  1. Read 52 books this year
  2. Try 52 new recipes
  3. Write 52 letters/cards and send through USPS

Yup, that means every week I'll be reading a book, trying a recipe and sending someone I love - or not - a card or letter to tell them how much they do - or don't - mean to me. Ambitious? Certainly, but also attainable, I think.

1 comment:

e said...

that's such a good idea! i hate making resolutions i know i won't keep and then feeling crappy about it. love it!