Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday!

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have made it to Friday. Although, and I know other teachers will agree with me, after nearly 3 weeks off it takes until Wednesday or Thursday to get back into the swing of things...just in time for the weekend! So while on Tuesday I was ready for the weekend to be here NOW!, today was a really good day of writing monologues and listening to the silly and creative things my kids came up with. Because, really, who besides an 8th grade boy would think to write a monologue in which he plays a tree who lost its leaves?



But it is Friday and I have the weekend ahead of me. My plans for Saturday include a trip to the paint store and putting away the Christmas decor, as well as some light cleaning around the house and lots and lots of vegging. Sunday I'm attending my very first ever Weight Watcher's meeting (scary!) and then I'm headed to school to move all my junk from the stage into my new office! WAHOO!! While I am less than thrilled to be spending part of my Sunday at school, I am completely stoked about having my stuff safe.

So there you have it. Ricky and I are both fairly tired tonight so we may curl up on the couch and watch a movie or something. Tis a good night for being in a vegetative state, methinks.

No comments: