Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just when you think you've got it all under control...

It's been one of those days. First I got a phone call from Ricky that layoffs are happening. They only laid off two people, and they were bottom of the totem pole people. He shouldn't be in any jeopardy for a while, but nobody knows how many more cuts they'll have to make, if any. Obviously, that's a little scary.

We've also been searching for a chair for the living room. I found one I loved (this will be "my" chair) but it's the only one left because it's been discontinued and it has a scratch in it. The company is not willing to come down on their price anymore than they already have, and we're not willing to pay their price for a damaged piece of furniture, so we're at an impasse. Since we couldn't come to an agreement, we walked. Now, I'm all for looking around and being patient, but the problem is I've already found the chair I want. Finding it a second time at a price we're comfortable with could be difficult!

And to top it all off, the garbage disposal quit working tonight when I was making dinner. Awesome!

The good news is Ricky has Thursday and Friday off, so he can take a look at the disposal and maybe fix it. And, if I really want to do the glass half full thing, at least a garbage disposal isn't a necessity. A wonderful luxury, and something I've only had to do without for a year in college, but not a necessity none the less.

Here's to a good night's sleep and a better tomorrow!

No comments: