Saturday, January 10, 2009

Paint chips abound!

Mom and I went to the paint store today with one of the pillows from the couch and started looking at paint chips. I came home with about one million little pieces of color. Ok, maybe not a million, but I'm pretty sure I have somewhere around 15 or 20. In my defense, they are for both the kitchen AND the living room, and I plan on having two colors in each room.

At this point I am 99% sure that the kitchen is going to be one of 3 different shades of green. The question is, which green?! One wall in the kitchen will likely be chocolate brown, to tie in the brown cabinets we have.

The living room, on the other hand, is giving me fits. Green or blue? Grey? Maybe something else completely? Of the chips I brought home I think I've got it down to 3 colors. Sadly, the chips just aren't big enough for me to make a decision, so it looks like another trip to the store will be in order. Then I can pick up some samples and look at larger swatches of color in various parts of the room.

It is nice to be on the way to making a decision, not so nice to be in that indecisive state!

No comments: