Friday, September 19, 2008

Weight Loss and Clothes Wearing

Well, I'm finally doing it. I am back on the wagon and losing weight. It feels good, and it's easy - I just work out with my players!

This year Carrie and I are blessed to have two additonal coaches. With four of us, each "specialty" area gets its own coach - I'm with the pitchers, Kimmy tends to the catchers, Carrie takes the infield and Allan tackles the outfield. Having so many coaches on staff, and having pitchers that don't hit, has made it possible for me to take the pitchers for about 90 minutes each practice to do some endurance training/conditioning and pitching, as well as work on specific pitcher issues, like how to cover the plate in the event of a passed ball and which base to backup when.

Each day we spend about 30 minutes doing cardio and abs or some sort of core strengthening. We vary it - we run, play soccer, do yoga and pilates, jumprope, all kinds of fun things to keep it from getting stale. I work out with the girls, and am working toward being able to run an 8 minute mile by Jan 1, as I am requiring them to do.

Losing weight and feeling good has made it a lot easier to start dressing cute again (I'm pretty sure that's a major grammatical error, but I don't care). If I can find the time to photograph my cute feeling self, I will start posting on the fashion blog again. I've been getting lots of compliments at work, and that's really nice and helps drive my desire to be put together on a daily basis.

Speaking of which, I better figure out what in the world I'm wearing tomorrow and hit the hay! It's been a long day and I need my beauty rest.

No comments: