Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back on the wagon

It's amazing. With this new schedule, I have so much more energy. I feel like a completely different person. Although, if we're being honest, I'm not sure if it's the schedule or the new dosage or medication, or both. No matter, I have more energy and patience, and that's a good thing!

I'm getting into a new routine, and I like that. I'm a bit of a creature of habit, so routine is good for me. Being awake enough in the morning and evening to get through my routine is also good! I've gotten to where I'm picking out clothes, pre-tracking the next day's meals, and packing my lunch and snacks the night before. In the morning I'm able to get up (it seems my body wants me to get up around 7:30, since that's when I naturally wake every morning) have breakfast, and get ready at my leisure, double checking my lunch and snacks and being sure I've got everything packed up. Beginning tomorrow, I'm also going to get some working out done in the morning. I don't think I'm quite organized or motivated enough to go to the gym before work, but I do have a workout DVD that I can do in the living room.

Additionally, I'm looking into classes our gym offers, as well as classes offered by Providence. There's a yoga class at the hospital near our house that I'm thinking of trying. It doesn't start until November, so I've got some time to decide.

All that to say, I'm back on the wagon as far as living a healthy lifestyle goes. I feel less stressed and better than ever. I'm eating healthy, getting some exercise in, and in general I think I'm just more pleasant to be around. I haven't felt this good in a long time.

No comments: