Sunday, December 16, 2007

Update

I haven't felt well all week. I've done a lot of sleeping and popping various drugs this weekend, and I think I may be getting better. My throat has been killing me for going on 2 weeks now, and it just zaps all my strength. It feels like there's a piece of glass stuck in around my left tonsil. WebMD diagnosed me with tonsilitis, strep, walking pneumonia, or cancer. It seems to be clearing up today, though, so I'm guessing it's not cancer. I have a dr appt on Tuesday - just my routine once a year checkup - so I'll get it checked out then, just in case.

Friday the 14th was Ricky's and my 5th anniversary. In some ways it's hard to believe it's been 5 years already. In other ways, it seems like much longer than that. Up until this year we've always spent the whole day together, going wine tasting, doing some sort of fun activity (usually a movie or live show), having dinner, and then watching "our movie" (our wedding video) while sharing a bottle of wine and various yummy cheeses. This year, however, our plans got kind of jumbled due to a death in the family. Uncle Jim, my grandpa's brother, passed away on the 8th and they delayed the service until the 15th to let some out of town family make it. I had to work on the 14th so Ricky and I had planned to make the 15th our anniversary day. With the service, we ended up kind of splitting it between the evening of the 14th and the evening of the 16th, and we still haven't done our wine tasting.

On the 14th, my uncle flew in from Arizona to be here for the service. That would be Geoff, my dad's brother. Ricky and I spent the evening at dinner (Rock Bottom Brewery, it was amazing) and then we went to see a show, As Is, produced by my friend Troy Lakey and his company, Key Productions. More on that later. Then on the 15th we went to the service, which was very nice, and spent the evening visiting with mom, dad and Uncle Geoff. We hadn't seen Geoff in about 3 years, so it was really nice to spend some time with him.

Today I went to breakfast with mom, dad and Uncle Geoff while Ricky was at work. Then I hung out with them, watching football, until it was time to take Geoff to the airport. When Ricky got home from work we had wine, cheese, bread and cold cuts for dinner while watching our movie.

So it was a really good anniversary, mostly. And thankfully I'm feeling better. I'll probably head to bed early tonight as I have a long day tomorrow.

No comments: