Sunday, December 16, 2007

Key Productions: As Is

As Is was produced by my friend Troy and his theatre company, Key Productions. After 10 years of marriage and 2 children, Troy came out as a gay man. It was something he'd fought for years and tried to change, but found he couldn't, and he's been much happier since changing the direction of his life. When he came out, he decided to start Key Productions, focusing on gay rights and the tolerance of gay people in society.

This was the second show his company did, and it was beautiful. It's about a man who learns he is HIV+, and how the people in his life (including him) handle that. There were some wonderfully touching moments, some incredibly witty moments, and some moments that just broke my heart. I, of all people, actually cried - and those who know me know that I only cry at sports movies and sporting events!

The script is incredibly well written, the cast was perfect, and the direction was great. All in all, it was a wonderful show and I'm so glad my husband and I got the chance to enjoy it.

No comments: