Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Trip to the Ocean

[Note: I've been trying for several days to add pictures of our trip. Sadly, Blogger hates me and won't let me. When it decides to like me again I will post pics. Until then, enjoy the commentary.]

Friday was my cousin's very first trip to the ocean. First we went to the Tillamook cheese factory, which I will admit was much more exciting when I was younger. At least we got to sample all kinds of cheese!

Then we went to the Barview Jetty Dune - yeah, Linds and I were not real into it. Ricky liked it though!

After that we drove...and drove...and drove. Until we saw a sign that said HWY 53. But we want HWY 101. We were on HWY 101. We never turned off HWY 101, and yet this sign said we were on HWY 53.

So we turned around...apparently the Road Trip Gods assume that you know that you must turn in Nehalem to stay on HWY 101. There is no sign at all indicating this is the case, so it's evident that the Road Trip Gods only want those who are psychic or telepathic to make it from Tillamook to Seaside.

When we finally made it to Seaside, we had lunch on the beach and Lindsey napped. First on one side, and then on the other.

Ricky and Jacko and I played in the water. It took both Ricky and I because Jacko is afraid of the water and one person must hold the leash and get all excited and the other must race out into the surf ahead so that Jacko decides he must chase the first person. Ahhh, it was good times.

No comments: