Thursday, August 9, 2007

Huh. Who knew?

I think we can all agree that, on a regular basis, I am a very busy person with a lot of things going on. Those who know me well know that I also happen to be one of those people who manage time better when I'm busy.

I've been sick all week. I mean, sick. As in don't stray too far from the bathroom sick. Yesterday I was feeling better, but I think I overdid with helping Ricky build the stone path in the backyard because today I'm back to feeling cruddy. Not as bad as Monday and Tuesday, but not great either. And certainly not well enough to play in our game tonight.

Except that I had the helmets. I couldn't find anyone to come get them from me, nor were the two girls on the team who live close to me able to meet me somewhere to pick them up. So I was stuck deciding between driving the 30+ minutes to the field to drop them off or leave the girls with no head protection. (as a side note, I've hit hitters in the head before and it's not pretty, even with a helmet. I never really considered keeping the helmets from them).

I was emailing with a friend before I had to leave to drop the helmets off and said something along the lines of, "Ugh, I don't feel like going out. Can't I just make them not use helmets tonight?" Totally joking (though it would have been nice!). On the other hand, I was hoping maybe she had a better suggestion than driving the helmets there myself.

Instead she said "here's some advice. You're always over scheduled and you're always asking me to help you justify not doing something. Step back and start cutting things from your life. Being so busy and over extended is not healthy."

Now, I agree - being too busy and overextended is not healthy. But I had to laugh - this was not a request for justifying not doing something. I'd already decided to not play and didn't need anyone's help making that decision. I don't feel well, and there's a ton to do around the house. The state of our house is contributing toward me not feeling well, I think.

Not to mention, my life is cake right now! You want to talk about overextended and busy, then let's talk about last April when I was teaching, subbing, directing a play and coaching softball all at the same time. Compared to that, I'm comatose right now. What do I have going on...?

NOTHING. No work, no plays, no school, no ball (other than my own "let's get together and play once a week and not bother to practice" league). No pitching lessons, and, judging by the state of my kitchen, no housework either.

So how in the world am I supposed to cut something when I'm currently doing nothing? I guess thoughts of working on the house will have to go. Aww, schucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So.......did you deliver the helmets?

Laura said...

Of course!!