Saturday, August 11, 2007

Black Thumbs

Yes, that's right, I'm so bad that I have black thumbs. Plural. As in, both of them.

I cannot keep a plant alive to save my life. When we were first married I managed to kill 4 plants in 5 months. One that I was told was "impossible" to kill. Apparently only impossible for amatures.

The only thing I've managed to keep alive in the past almost 5 years is the Christmas cactus. Well, and Ricky, but he's fairly self sufficient - and it's a good thing. How Jacko is still alive I will never know.

I water. I fertilize. And yet, they still don't grow. I even sing "Grow for me..." (Bonus points if you know the show that's from) and yet still, nothing. Maybe my plants need to be fed blood (there's a hint).

4 plants in 5 months. Only one plant that's lasted in 5 years. And people wonder why we're not having kids.

No comments: