Monday, June 18, 2007

Trash The Dress

I was playing around on the internet and happened upon the website TrashTheDress.com. I looked and looked at those beautiful pictures of brides having fun in their wedding dresses and thought, hmmm, what a fun thing to do with a wedding dress that's just taking up space. Too bad I can't take part.

And then I realized...I can take part! My wedding dress has never even been cleaned (yes, I am ashamed) and currently it's part rolled/part folded and sitting on a shelf in my closet. Hey, it's better than when we first got married - it sat exactly where I'd stepped out of it for about a month.

So here I am with a wonderful husband who thinks this is a fantastic idea, a dress that I (hopefully) can still get into, and the prospect of a photographer. All we have to do now is come up with a scenario for our trashing session. That's where you come in.

Please leave me comments and let me know what you think we should do. Ricky and I plan to do it together - our first professional pictures since our wedding nearly 5 years ago (can it really have been that long?!). We want it to reflect our personalities and the things we enjoy doing, and we definitely want it to be something unique.

And in case you need some inpiration, here are some photos from the website:


No comments: