Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Procrastination Station

We're headed out of town for an interview this evening. Ricky's sister is house and dog sitting, so I'm finishing getting the house cleaned up so she doesn't have to live in our filth. The kitchen and bathroom are completely clean, and the living room is almost done. I don't have that much left - just straightening up our bedroom and vacuuming everything - but what am I doing instead?

That's right, finding as many ways as possible to procrastinate.

This is ridiculous. I'm a big girl now, I should know better, and yet here I sit...playing on the computer, reading books, doing anything but finishing up. It takes me back to when I was younger and cleaning my room at home. It would take hours, days even, to finish a 1 or 2 hour job because I had to look at every picture and read every book I came across.

The good new is I have gotten better since then. The bad news is that while I am better, I do still procrastinate.

Just 5 more minutes of procrastination, and then I'll get back to work...I promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did you finish cleaning?

Laura said...

Well, it's not completely finished but it's 10 times better than it was!