Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's a small world after all

Ricky and I went to the Starlight Parade tonight (more on that tomorrow, complete with pictures!) and as we were walking to our bikes to head home, we ran into my high school friend, Jake. The funny part is that he's a cop and was working. I walked up to him and said "I'm lost!" He obiously didn't even really look at me because he simply said "ok, hold on a minute." When I said, "Jake, it's me, Laura" - then the light went on. We talked for a few minutes and then I had to run to catch up to Ricky and Jacko.

Anyway, it was good to see him. I haven't talked to him since I did my Master's, so about 3 years. It's strange, the people I was so close to in high school - we talked every night, he was my best guy friend - I hardly talk to at all anymore. It's sad, I don't like it that way.

No comments: