Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thoughts on Moving

I spent the weekend in central Oregon interviewing for a teaching position. I came, I saw, I looked at a million houses, and then went home.

Things I Learned While There:

1) It is dry and dusty, which is not good for a person who is allergic to dust.

2) It's small.

3) Housing isn't cheap, but it's more affordable than I expected. We could even buy a bigger house than we have now!

4) It's a small town.

5) No place is very far from anything else, but it's also not as easy to bike from the burbs to downtown.

6) Did I mention it's a small town??

I'm not completely thrilled with the idea of moving, but it would be an adventure and something new. And of course, it' not an irreversible decision. Now I just have to wait and see what they say - it's possible (and with my track record, probable) that I won't get the position anyway!

Two more interviews next week...with any luck I'll be gainfully employed in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: