Monday, November 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I'm as bad as the retail stores, I think. I could gladly go from Halloween - which was total bummer this year since costumes were banned at our school - straight to Christmas. Do not pass go, do not have a turkey, forget Thanksgiving all together. Apparently the stores feel the same, as the aisles are filled with Christmas candy and decor. And I happily wandered through them today, imagining how we would decorate the front of our house.

My readiness for Christmas may be heightened this year due to a few things. For one, the weather is very wintery. Well, Oregon wintery. It's dark and gray and rainy. And I mean RAINY. We're getting our first hard and long rainfall of the year and that always makes me ready for Christmas.

Secondly, we have room for Christmas this year!! In the past we've had to move furniture to cram a tree into the living room, and then it's crowded and squishy. Not this year! We have ample room for a tree in the new house and even tossed around the idea of having two trees - one in the kitchen and one in the living room. I think we'll probably stick to one, but knowing that we have options is amazing. We also, for the first time, have a fireplace on which to hang our stockings. Now if only I could figure out how to hang them, as we don't have a mantle.

And, of course, our anniversary is right before Christmas. This year we're headed to Seaside to stay at a bed and breakfast for two nights on our anniversary weekend. I am so ready for an out of town vacation - I can't wait!

So bring on the Christmas music, the Santa Clauses, the evergreens. And, whatever you do, "Please Christmas don't be late!!!"

No comments: