Saturday, July 14, 2007

Updates

1) I did not get the job in Central Oregon. Once again I lost out to a man. Once again, I was a "strong second" and they "really enjoyed your interview." So frustrating, but at least now we don't have to worry about moving there.

2) I am waiting to hear about two other positions. One is a .8 high school drama position and one is a 1.0 middle school/high school drama position. Although I heard today that someone else that works with the same theatre company as me is going to be (or already was) offered the .8 position. That's just a rumor though, nothing is confirmed.

3) Ricky is 100% for sure graduating on Aug 18. Woohoo!! We're so excited.

4) My exchange students came in really late the 9th or very early the 10th, depending on how you look at it. Their plane landed around midnight and it was about 1 by the time we got them delivered to their host families. So now my college roommate and I are in charge of 23 Chinese high school students and one Chinese teacher. We're having a blast, and I'll post some pictures of our activities tomorrow.

5) We started softball on Thursday. We were playing well - up 4-0 going into the top of the 5th - but then got rained out. Grrr. It actually started thundering and we saw lightening in the 3rd inning or so, but our umpire didn't call it until the top of the 5th. Anyway, it's just a fun league. A bunch of former college players, 4 teams in the league, everyone plays one game every Thursday for 6 weeks. Our team name is "It Hurts." :-P We have these fantastically tacky yellow shirts with a pink and black logo. We love them!

I think that's about it for right now. Just been doing a lot of working in the yard and trying to stay cool. It's finally starting to cool off, but has been somewhat humid. Hopefully we'll get back to our normal weather soon.

No comments: