Saturday, July 28, 2007

New computer, woohoo!

Well, it's good and bad. I really like the new computer, a lot. And things were going wrong with the old one - as in, the S didn't work anymore, "o we frequently wrote entence like thi." And when it did work, it went "a little somssething like thiss." It was awful. And the mouse was starting to give out too, and, well, it was four years old, which is ancient in computer years.

But the kicker was that it got broken. I mean, really broken. We got into a bad habit of leaving it in the living room. Usually I was good about shoving it under the couch, so it wouldn't get stepped on or whatever, but apparently one day I didn't because we opened it up and there were a bunch of little cracks. Over time, those turned into dark black specks, which grew into black holes.

And then one day Ricky left the thing on the couch, and it got covered with a blanket and I sat on it. So not my fault - he never should have left it on the couch where I couldn't see it!!

So we decided we needed to get a new computer. It's pretty wonderful, actually. A 19" wide screen flat panel display, a keyboard on which all of the buttons work, and it has a number pad which I missed. And Ricky is excited that it's a full size keyboard rather than a laptop one. His fingers are a bit too big for the laptop keys.

Now I just have to call Comcast to see about high speed internet and we'll be in business!

No comments: