Thursday, July 26, 2007

I GOT A JOB!!!

Not much time to post details, but I'll be teaching full time - most of my classes at the middle school and one class at the high school - and every single class is drama! yeehaw!! I'm in a district that pays really well, and the administration seems to be really supportive of the arts. And my commute is cut in half from my last job (and current summer program). It only took me 20 minutes the other day, all freeway driving.

It's a tough area, lots of ESL and poverty, but I tend to thrive in those areas. I know there will be really hard times, but I also know how rewarding it can be. I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. Finally - my own classroom, my own program...a full time, permanent position. Woohoo!!

And Aunt Robin, I finally managed to beat out at a man for the job :-)

No comments: