Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a wonderful Valentine's day

Ricky and I have never celebrated Valentine's day. When we were dating, we celebrated our "date-iversary," (April 1), and of course now we celebrate our anniversary, but we've never done anything exciting for Valentine's day. Part of that is due to the fact that we both see it as a bit of a Hallmark holiday, but also because for the first 8 out of nine years I've had practice or a game on Valentine's day. Hard to make plans when I know I'm going to be beat!

This year was no different, but it was a wonderful day none the less. After I got home from practice, we had dinner and then Ricky gave the dog a bath (ok, that part wasn't so fun). Then we went over to Ricky's parents' house to see our boys, Jeremy and Joseph.

It's amazing how big our nephews are getting. Joseph will be 1 in March and Jeremy is nearly 18 months. We played and cuddled with them and chatted with my sisters-in-law. It was a wonderful 2 hours spent with family.

Now we're home, eating popcorn and drinking Diet 7*Up. It's a relaxing evening, which is all I really wanted.

No comments: