Friday, February 6, 2009

Delayed Reaction

I've been working on losing weight for a while now. Well, off and on for years, but this go 'round it's been about 4 weeks. And in those 4 weeks, I've lost 12.8 pounds - yay! But even though I was losing - and not a small amount, either - I didn't feel like I could see a change. Until now.

I don't wear my wedding ring as much as I used to because, as it turns out, I am allergic to it (thanks Dad). Once upon a time I didn't even take it off to shower or sleep, but since developing this wonderful allergy I can't wear it too much or I get a wonderful red, itchy, flaky, blistery rash on my finger. But lately, the allergy isn't what has stopped me from wearing my ring - the fat has. Meaning, I couldn't wear it comfortably because my fingers had gotten too fat.

Yesterday I decided to give it a go and whaddayaknow! It fits comfortably again.

I'm also starting to notice a difference in the way my pants and shirts fit. I feel "skinny" today for the first time in ages. Finally, my perception and what the scale is telling me is starting to match up.

3 comments:

Karen said...

congratulations! Keep up the good work. You coach softball? My daughter played in college. I miss going to the games and getting "bleacher butt".

e said...

yay for you! that's amazing. so what's your secret - just eating better or exercising or both? or have you already written about it and i missed it?

Laura said...

I've been doing some exercise, though not as much as I should be, and eating right. I joined Weight Watchers. I didn't think I "needed" it, but while I don't necessarily learn anything new at the meetings, I'm finding I enjoy it. There are great people and an awesome leader at my meeting.