Monday, August 11, 2008

MILK: It does a body good.

Anyone who's known me for any length of time knows that I abhor milk. The taste, the texture...all of it is terrible. Leave it up to my husband to say "you realize it's pretty much just cow mucus, right?!" and that just sealed the deal. I don't drink milk. I prefer my cereal dry just so I don't even chance a meeting with the nasty stuff. Blech.

While I'm so busy avoiding milk, though, I am also inadvertantly avoiding things that my body needs - namely, calcium and folate.

Enter Torani Sugar Free syrups. A shot or so of a sugar free syrup makes a glass of milk tolerable. One shot per 2 cups of ice cold milk, and I can down it with no problem. So far I've only tried chocolate and carmel, but when I finally find sugar free syrups in other flavors, I'll give them a shot as well. Unlike Hershey's syrup, the sugar free syrups add no calories, which makes this girl very happy.

No comments: