Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I have a new boyfriend

Ok, not really a new boyfriend, per se. Just a renewed crush on this man.


Be still my heart. Not only is the man incredibly good looking, but he's wicked talented to boot. If Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean), Mort Rainey (Secret Window), or Benjamin Barker, aka Sweeney Todd (Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street) showed up on my doorstop...well, "So long, Charlie!" (10 points if you can name that movie).

Anyway, we watched Sweeney Todd tonight. First of all, yum. I love me some Johnny Depp (duh). Secondly, I love this show. It's horrible and violent and disgusting and disturbing - and I love it. The new version got a little slow in places, but overall I liked it. It's very dark, though somewhat humorous, and, well, I got to stare at Johnny Depp for 2 hours! The other actors weren't bad either ;-)

Anyway, it was good, and I definitely recommend it - if you have a strong stomach. There is definitely a lot of blood and guts, merciless killing, and some cannibalism. But it's a strong film, made from a strong Broadway show. And hey, did I mention it stars Johnny Depp?!

No comments: