Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Eat Less, Move More update

Last week was good. I managed to avoid Coke (my not-so-secret addiction) as well as added sugar in my coffee or other beverages. I also got in two walks, which was good.

This week I will continue the goals of getting in 2 days of at least 15 minutes of exercise, as well as avoiding adding sugar in my beverages, but I'm also adding new goals
  • Eat a "real" breakfast each morning - no more stopping at Safeway for a bagel or McD's for a sausage egg McMuffin, hold the sausage.
  • Begin to do the speed and agility training the girls are doing during practice. Do this at least 2x a week.

As far as the real breakfast - bagels in themselves aren't bad. What is bad is that I have no will power at 7 in the morning and end up getting far more than just a bagel for breakfast. I walk in for breakfast and walk out with Oreos, candy, and other junk that I just don't need. By planning ahead I help avoid all the temptations tht stopping at the grocery brings. And exercising with the girls just makes sense. Someone has to supervise the conditioning station, and none of us like doing it. I might as well volunteer and use the time to get some exercise in. It's good for me, makes me a good role model to the girls, and answers the question of "when will I ever find time to exercise?!"

No comments: