Monday, February 18, 2008

Aesthetically Pleasing

Today I made a pilgrimage to the esthetician. It's the first time I've been, and I had no idea what to expect. All I knew is that my skin needed some serious help.

She took a look and said she could definitely help with the acne and breakouts I experience. She was very honest about the redness (what I am assuming is rosacea, since that's what it is in everyone else in my family) and said we may be able to fix it, or maybe not. She said we should know in a month or so.

A few things I learned
  • I need to drink a lot more water (ok, I already knew that)
  • My skin really isn't oily anymore. In fact, it is/was incredibly dry
  • The moisturizer and face wash I've been using is far too harsh
  • SPF in a moisturizer isn't as effective as SPF on it's own

She set me up with a 30 day supply of a new skin care line specifically for rosacea and red-prone skin. I'm also supposed to schedule an appointment for a hydrating facial with her in the next couple of weeks. That will help hydrate my skin, slough off the bad stuff, treat the acne, and calm the redness.

So, hopefully this works. I've tried all the medications there are to try and done everything else I know to do. I'm going to give this a shot, because I'd really like to have purty skin.

No comments: