Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jackopea, Jackopea, I love you

...yes, I do...You and your Jackopea eyes!

ok, so I'm totally dorky when it comes to my dog. Yes, I make up songs to sing to him, like that one to the tune of...well, whatever that song is. Or, to the tune of Macho Man, "Jacko Jacko Dog! I really love my Jacko dog!!" And lest you think I am the only dork in my house, I'll let you in on a secret - Ricky sings the songs too!

All this to tell you that Jacko got his stitches out yesterday and is doing much better. He is no longer on antibiotics or pain pills. he doesn't have to wear a plastic bag to go outside anymore (thank goodness, he really hated that thing!) and he can take short walks. He cannot run or jump or do anything that puts lots of weight and pressure on his paw for another 4 weeks, but at least we can work tricks and take some short walks again. I guess this will be a great time to work on his leash walking!

The best part of all is that he can have a bath again. Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That song is "What's New Pussycat" - by Tom Jones.
WAY BEFORE YOUR TIME!!!