Sunday, May 13, 2007

There's trouble, right here in River City

Trouble with a capital T and that stands for Tactless.

So my job at my current school is temporary. That means that they have the ability to post it, interview people, and not hire me.

And they did exacttly that. I interviewed about a week and a half ago, and then waited for a phone call.

Well, I may as well keep waiting because they aren't going to call. They freakin' emailed me! And to add insult to injury, they sent the regrets email to my district email address.

How classless can a district be? Seriously. An email? And no even a personalized email. Just "Thanks for interviewing, we picked someone else."

Now, I can't be mad at the school or anyone at the school level, and I'm not, because the email came from HR, which is at the district level. So I'm mad at the district. They should know better, seriously.

Can I say seriously any more?

So I've started applying everywhere and anywhere, though I really hope that I get called for an interview for the drama position at our local high school. It's my dream job. Close to home, teaching in my community, being with the demographic I love teaching a subject I am passionate about...it can't get any better than that. Well, maybe if they let me come to work at 10 am dressed in my pajamas!

So we're back to square 1, for now. It'll be ok though...even if I end up being a housewife, it'll be ok. I have a husband who loves me (and I him), a puppy who is a great cuddler and gives sloppy messy kisses, a roof over my head, food in my belly and cute clothes on my back. We'll be fine.

No comments: