Monday, May 28, 2007

Food + Fire + Friends = Fun

Last night was the Memorial Day Weekend church campout (on the church property!). Ricky and I didn't camp out, but we did go for dinner. It was a great time - burgers (turkey for me), baked corn (you guessed it - my contribution), green salads, potato salads, hummus, several varieties of baked beans, cookies, cake, brownies and of course, s'mores.

We roasted marshmallows, made s'mores and sang songs around the campfire. While it was a struggle to go in the beginning (the corn took longer to bake than anticipated, my burger patties wouldn't form properly, and Ricky was tired from work) we were very glad that we made the effort to be there. We rode our bikes with the picnic basket and a couple of chairs and enjoyed chatting with old friends and meeting new ones. It was good to get reacquainted with people I've known for a long time but haven't spoken with recently, and to see my best friend, with whom I hadn't spoken in months.

I only wish I'd remembered my camera. I have to be better about taking pictures!

No comments: