Wednesday, May 13, 2009

He's touching me!

She took my marker!
He wrote on me!
She said I'm stupid!
They won't let me sit by them!
No one in this class likes me!
I'm not using any costumes he makes!
This is dumb!
Wait, what are we supposed to be doing?


Ready to tear your hair out yet? Yeah, welcome to my world.

While I love my job most days, recently it has been two ginormous thumbs down. The list above is a list of actual student complaints I've heard this week. No, I did not get transferred to a Kindergarten classroom. Yes, those words came directly out of the mouths of 13 and 14 year olds - some of whom are just 16 school days away from moving up to high school. The joys of being a middle school teacher!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I taught preschool for 20 years...then I subbed in the public school system, primarily at the middle school. 8th Graders are EXACTLY like two-year-olds.