Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fear.

I was doing so well. I lost 17.4 lbs in a little under 3 months. Weight watchers was working.

And then I got busy. I couldn't go to the meetings like I wanted and needed. I didn't have time to cook, let alone grocery shop. Working 3 (yes, three, I teach after school too!) jobs kinda took it's toll.

Now I'm scared. I haven't weighed in 3 weeks (?) I think. I gave into the cravings. I am a major stress eater - and I don't eat anything healthy. Donuts and ice cream and fast food abound during my days of stress. Somehow I have to find a way around this, because I'm going to face another 3-4 stressful weeks over the summer when I teach ESL and run a show all at the same time.

My meeting is tomorrow night and I'm debating. To go or not to go? I'm afraid I'm going to go weigh and have gained 5 pounds or something. I gain really, really fast. Well, who doesn't when you are eating like I've been the past couple of weeks? Part of me wants to take a week to get back on track, to track my food like I should, to get some exercise in, and then weigh in next week. Another part of me feels like I need to go weigh in, if only for the reality check. No one except me and the person weighing me in will know how bad it is - and I might be pleasantly surprised.

Somehow I have to convince myself to go. There's no reason not to, except my vanity.

4 comments:

rach said...

Just do it! You'll feel better after you go because you'll know the truth. You are doing awesome and you look great!

Mom said...

GO! Nothing like a reality check to get you back at it.
And you're right - you might be pleasantly surprised. On the other hand, it might not be as bad as you think.

Mom said...

One more thing - Rach is right - you're doing great.

Karen said...

When I did weight watchers years ago I remember going one week - I had gained a pound - and I tried to convince the woman that it was because I was sick and was taking a cough medicine that had a lot of calories in it.