Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some days, you just can't win

Today was one of those days.

It started off just fine, like any other day. Pup and I cuddled (how I love days off!), I got up and fiddled around for a bit, then I started to be productive. And that's where it all went downhill.

First, I ran a couple of errands. Unfortunately, the items I needed were unavailable. Bummer.

Then, I went grocery shopping and blew the budget. Oops. We were just out of so much stuff! And in fairness, I didn't shop at all last week, so I guess I kinda used the grocery money from last week and this week. Of course, even though I blew the budget, I still managed to forget Ricky's hot sauce.

Tonight was a new recipe night and boy did it look good. Yeah, well, looks can be deceiving. It was awful. Blech. Not only did it not turn out right (it was supposed to be frittata like but completely fell apart), but it didn't even taste good. Gross. We resorted to cereal for dinner.

And finally, we watched what is quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made - Tropic Thunder. Complete waste of time (though not as big a waste as Epic Movie was).

How bad is it that I'm looking forward to Monday??

PS - a couple of good things did come out of today. I got a nice indoor walk in with Mom at the mall, and picked up a new pair of trousers at the same time. They are - are you ready for this? - size 12! I also ran across a bedding set that I really like, and Ricky likes it too. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Karen said...

So much for the "to do" list. You should have just stuck with snuggling on the couch.