Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You know how sometimes you get really excited about something?

...and then you realize you have to put it on hold and it's a big bummer?

Yeah, that's me right now.

The plan had always been that when we moved into a bigger, more permanent house, we'd get better, more permanent living room furniture. We'd started looking and found what we wanted, we think...except that we've decided to put it on hold for a little while.

There are a lot of expenses associated with moving out of this house, renting it out, and moving into the new one. Obviously, paying those bills is more important than a new couch. Not to mention that things in my district are shaky at best. We almost had to start the new school year in debt, there have been a lot of cutbacks, and we're losing a very lucrative income tax. I haven't heard anything to make me think I may not have a job, but we've decided to play it safe and save save save on the offchance that something happens and I end up working fewer hours than we think I will.

Assuming all goes as planned with the job, we'll go into September with a nice size savings in our account and the ability to order the new living room furniture guilt and fear free. And I know it's only 10 weeks away...but still, I was so looking forward to it. Ah well, I've put up with the hand me downs for 5.5 years, what's another 2.5 months?

No comments: