Sunday, June 29, 2008

H. A. W. T.

That stands for "it's one million degrees outside and I'm sweating my patootie off." Or something like that.

We hit 100 degrees yesterday. One hundred and it's not even July yet! Right now, according to PDX, it's 82 outside, but the thermometer we have here says it's 86. Whatever it is, it's hot. Really, really hot.

It's even hotter when you've decided not to drive today so you ride your bike to the farmer's market. Which wasn't bad at 10:15, but coming back at noon, it was really warm. Especially since coming home is uphill. Blech. But I made it, and now I'm trying to find something cold for lunch, and something cold to make for dinner. If it's 86 right now, I can only imagine how warm it will be when dinner time rolls around. No way am I turning on the stove.

I really need to do some work at the old house, too, but I'm sweating just sitting here. I can't imagine how bad I'd be sweating if I did some work. While I was hoping to do this stuff before Ricky got home, I think it will have to wait until this evening when the sun goes down and it cools off. One nice thing about Oregon, when the sun sets, it cools off rapidly. It should be rather pleasant come 9 oclock.

No comments: