Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More devestation, and choosing to look on the bright side

I'm going to cut right to the chase here - we lost 3 more from my building today. Our entire music department was cut. As far as I know, all 3 positions will still be held at the school (choir, band and orchestra) but not by my former coworkers. They have been let go because some of the people cut from the elementary music positions had more seniority. As the four of us are the only ones in our little part of the building, you can imagine the feeling at work today.

The bright side - I am done. For the next 3 months I will continue to get paychecks and will be sitting around on my butt. Ok, so that's not completely true, but I don't have to get up and go to work every morning (until July when the Chinese students come). I got everything packed up, brought home, and unloaded into the garage today. It is a nice feeling to know that tomorrow I can sleep in, take pup to the park, pretty much do whatever I feel like all the day long. I have flowers to plant, things to organize, rooms to paint...I have high hopes (as I do every year) that it will be a productive summer (it's usually not, but one can dream, right?).

No comments: