Monday, April 13, 2009

Who do I look like?

This guy??
I had the most bizarre experience at school today. I have a student who is a super nice kid, but really doesn't seem to understand boundaries. He's the kid who blurts out random stuff in the middle of instructions. The kid who, when I ask "does anyone have questions about XYZ?" raises his hand and asks me some completely unrelated question. He is the kid, and I kid you not, who tears his test into small squares so he can make paper airplanes and fly them in class.


So today, with about 3 minutes left, I allowed the kids to have a little free time. They'd learned a lot of new material and had earned a well deserved break. We'd finished everything we needed to accomplish, so I gave them the time to just chill. I was standing near a group of boys, watching to be sure everything was copasetic - you never know what can happen when a group of 12 and 13 year old boys have some free time! - when the aforementioned student got up to get something from another part of the room. As he passed me, he reached out with his pointer finger, poked me in the belly and said, "Boop!"


Buh?! Really, who does that to their teacher??? Of course I scolded him, but I was completely at a loss for how to compute what had just happened. I still am, I think. Perhaps I should get this shirt and wear it to school:


And now, in the interest of entertainment, I'd like to hear how my readers would have reacted. Wittiest answer wins!

2 comments:

Karen said...

It sure was an understatement when you said he doesn't understand boundaries! I would have scolded him as well. Keep your hands off the teacher!

Anonymous said...

I think you should have challenged him to wrist wrestle and then made him beg for mercy-- just kidding,
maaaybe
Dad