Monday, October 1, 2007

30s are the new 20s

I've been planning Ricky's birthday and realizing that we are getting close to 30. Most people freak out about 30, but I'm actually really looking forward to it.

In our 20s we got married, bought a house and got a dog. But I spent the majority of my 20s in school and/or out of work. Ricky has spent his 20s working full time and going to school full time. It's been stressful, to say the least. We've done all kinds of home repairs and updates and trying to figure out what we want to be when we grow up.

I feel like, at almost 27, we finally both have figured out our place in this world, to some extent. We know more about the people we want to be. We know how we want our home, we have a plan for being able to buy a new house and keeping this one, we even have a major vacation scheduled and a savings account started for it.

So many people freak out about 30, but I feel like we're just getting started. I think our thirties are going to be a great time.

No comments: